Saturday, December 17, 2011

Jazz Scrimmage Game

I remember going to a scrimmage Jazz game about 10 years ago when Raul Lopez played for them, and tonight i went back to one. Wow! I now remembered why i loved going to the last one, even though this one trumps the last one. Here's how it went down:
So you have to go a little early if you want a good seat because it's a free game. So i got there at 5 when the game started at 7, there was already people there and i was near the front of the line. I was saving a spot in line for my amigas who were having problems with trax. Soon it was getting near 6 when the doors would open! Luckily i was talking to a girl next to me (who i found out later was in junior high) and we became friends. Her father and i adopted me as their Jazz daughter lol! Well we ran to another door because the workers were saying they were going to open that door. So we booked it over. I was back in about the same spot when her dad told me to come up front with them. Right by the door baby. We made a pact we would just B line it to the closest seats we could find. Well we sure did and we got seats behind the bench. It was a black Friday, so hilarious! Her and I however got seats behind the bench. She was creepin on Hayward, but i was freakin out too because Jeff Hornacek the man that inspired to me to practice my shot was like 20 feet from me. DIED!
image
Well the blue team won, and it was so much fun. We screamed at Memo and he turned around and waved at me, no joke looking at me and waving. He was laughing knowing so well that we were being such dorks. Then Ty Corbin sat in front of us and turned around and waved at my friends and I. It was a blast! After the game we were all starving. I said good-bye to my Jazz family and my friends and I headed out. As we were heading out we saw a group of people by the parking exit for the Jazz players, and low and behold Jeremy Evans was signing autographs. We ran over and missed him, but other players came by, not signing autographs but would roll down their windows and wave. I think Memo had the funnest time with it. Then a black Honda pulled up. Who was it? LOW AND BEHOLD GORDON HAYWARD! He signed my hat and...
Me: "Gordon you are way too nice to do this, you must be starving and so cold."
Gordon: "meh I don't have anywhere to be."
image
The end. haha! It was a fantastic night! Can't wait till next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment