Thursday, January 21, 2016

Big Kid Job

Around the last week of December I applied for a job and low and behold got a phone call the next day to come in for an interview. The interview was on New Years Day and just that morning my grandpa had passed. I was emotionally drained during the interview and tired, but it went well somehow.

About a week later I emailed them thanking them for the interview and inquiring as to who they had chosen or if they had chosen anyone. I got a reply back saying they had narrowed it down to five candidates and I was one of them and they would decide the next day.

The next day came... I waited... and waited.... no email or phone call. So I just assumed maybe I didn't get the job and well being a waitress isn't all bad and working for KSL is fun!

The next day I got an email... "Natalie, thank you for taking the time to apply at the Journals. As you know we had a large number of writers that applied with us, and we were pleasantly surprised as to how qualified the writers were." Well reading the first sentence my first thought was, "it's the rejection email." I told Andrew I didn't get it but figured I'd keep reading because it was long.



"I believe that you would be a great addition to our team. I think your passion and interest for local news speaks bounds for you."



I immediately had to call Andrew back and tell him that I actually got it! I further read on in the email and because My City Journal is collaborating with other TV news stations I would have to quit KSL out of a conflict of interest. Yes I did cry. Then the reality of having to leave all my buddies at the OG also got to me. So many mixed emotions of excitement and sadness.

So now I am a full fledged journalist. WOW. All that training at school has led me to this.

So here's to the last three days at the Olive Garden and a kiss to KSL. Life is becoming more real.

No comments:

Post a Comment